The success of any freelancer, consultant, or executive really boils down to two key abilities:
- Your ability to get your business in front of strangers, and
- Your ability to convert those strangers into customers.
It’s a simple concept but so many people struggle with this process, especially when it comes to bringing the right customers into their business.
To show you how you can be both selective with your clients and still have a high conversion rate, I’ve done a simple but practical interview with my close friend Peter Shallard.
Throughout the interview, we take a peak inside the ingenious system that helped propel Peter’s brand to becoming a $xxx,xxx.xx a year business.
We call this system his “Ideal Customer Acquisition Strategy” and it is designed to bring more of the right customers into his business while weeding out all of the problem ones.
The system is something that you can implement in your business, too.
The interview covers:
- The three iterations of Peter’s customer acquisition process.
- What worked and what didn’t. (Conversation Rates, Effort, Time, Systems.)
- Our recommendations for someone who is just starting out.
Building a Customer Acquisition Strategy:
As you build your Ideal Customer Acquisition Strategy funnel, here are some great tips you can keep in mind to make sure that you’re doing it right:
- Your “Hire Me” form is your #1 filter to attracting the right customers into your business while also repelling problem customers away from you.
- Create something that adds value and helps you filter out the right and wrong customers.
- Do something that is different from what the competition is doing.
- If you can create a “test drive” of what it is like to work with you, without giving away your services, you’re on to a great solution.
- Know where you are in your marketing system.
- Decide whether a premium positioning strategy may be right for you.
To your success,